The Greens/EFA group in the European Parliament is looking for a full-time Policy adviser to the ENVI and BECA Committees (fixed-term contractual agent contract of one year, function group III).
Start date: as soon as possible
Tasks to be performed:
- Advising the group's MEPs in the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI) and the Special Committee on Beating Cancer (BECA); take part in the preparation of parliamentary work;
- Preparing MEPs for committee meetings including draft reports, briefings, resolutions, amendments and voting lists; attending committee meetings, assuring close contact with the secretariats of the committees;
- Take part in the work of the Group concerning ENVI and BECA issues; prepare dossiers for Group meetings;
- Negotiate and discuss on behalf of the Group with stakeholders and colleagues in the Parliament; co-ordination with advisors from related committees and the press and campaign departments;
- Assist and inform Group Members on the work in the respective Committees;
- Liaise and negotiate with Commission and Council officials, preparation and follow-up of conciliation and Trialogue meetings (related to ENVI and BECA);
- Contributing content and strategy to the Group’s campaigning and media work in relation to public health policies, including on cancer prevention and treatment, vaccines and pharmaceutical products, medical research and more generally on environmental policies;
- Networking with NGOs and cooperation with other stakeholders in the relevant fields;
Qualifications and experience required:
- have a good knowledge of the following areas: European public health and vaccines policies and legislation, European research and development programmes and legislation, European environmental policies;
- have strong knowledge of the institutional structure of the European Union and its activities as well as of the functioning of the European Parliament;
- have very good writing skills and knowledge of organisational methodology and data management;
- have an excellent standard of English and be fluent in at least one other EU language;
- have working experience in line with the function of at least 2 years, more years of experience considered an asset.
- ready to work flexible hours and joining missions.
Familiarity with political questions relevant in the ENVI and BECA committees is an asset, as is knowledge about Green politics in the field.