About Us Founded in 1972, IFOAM – Organics International works as an agent of change, advocating for true sustainability in agriculture, value chains, and consumption. We are an international nonprofit organization with a membership base that spans around 100 countries, and promote a holistic approach to food systems based on the principles of health, ecology, fairness, and care.
The Position It’s an exciting time to join our team! We are growing and in transition, and are looking to strengthen our organization by supporting us in the implementation of projects across different countries with the aim to promote organic agriculture. To this end we are looking for a Communications Coordinator to join our communications team of six. You will be involved in a range of activities from contributing to creative processes that precede the launch of specific communications projects, as well as hands-on tasks on the ground, for example when participating in the largest global organic trade fair, ensuring the best possible representation of the organization. You will be part of a team of 30 and based in Bonn, Germany, reporting to the Head of Communications & Outreach. We are aiming to fill this position as soon as possible.
• Development of content and messages, tailored to our various audiences for campaigns, social media, press releases, videos, blog entries; • Compilation, editing and dissemination of content (e.g. newsletters and other mailings);
• Maintenance of the communications database and mailing lists (MailChimp);
• Implementation of and reporting on communications calendar;
• Planning and implementation of promotional activities;
• Fulfilment of communications-specific partner obligations;
• Coordination of trade fair presence, conferences, and associated tasks;
• Updates for the blog, website and other communications and marketing material;
• Statistical reporting when needed;
• Experience in establishing media relations an advantage;
- Proofreading. Skills, Experience and Qualifications
• Educated to degree level in a relevant subject (e.g. communications, marketing, journalism, media, public relations) with 3+ years of relevant professional experience;
• Native-level fluency in English, additional languages (e.g. German, French and/or Spanish) valued; • Highly computer literate with a good grasp of social media and relevant apps/ management systems;
• Interest in and good understanding of organic agriculture;
• Excellent creative writing for web and print;
• Organized with strong time-management skills;
• Ability to be clear and concise;
• A good aesthetic eye;
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
• Responsible, reliable and service-oriented;
• A proactive team player, able to work collaboratively as part of a multicultural and interdisciplinary team.