Project Manager (m/f/d) for Capacity Building and Community Mobilization in Amman, Jordan
We are looking for a Project Manager (m/f/d) in Amman, with extensive travel within the country governorates, starting from June 2021.
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as ten other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognised by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two to three years (with the option of extension) in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG), it is restricted to citizens of the EU. The position is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return.
Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Tasks and responsibilities
As a Project Manager and Capacity Building Expert, you will contribute to the implementation and further development of the forumZFD program in Jordan, especially through Capacity Building and Community Mobilization within the field of Conflict Prevention and Conflict Transformation. You will be part of a diverse team consisting of international and local staff members supporting partner organisations operating within different communities across Jordan through field work and technical advice.
Your main tasks include planning and implementing activities to improve the capacities of our partners and their target groups. Ideally, you would be able to facilitate the introduction of these through trainings and workshops with the objective to help the partner CSOs to identify and analyse community conflicts and tensions and to develop applicable interventions for conflict solving mechanisms. While planning the interventions you will apply a participatory approach, considering the cultural aspects of community tensions and conflicts. You will link to the already existing capacity building measures within program team and support the planning and implementation of the communities’ pilot projects and initiatives. This includes also the documentation and presentation, internal knowledge-management processes and PM&E on project and programme level.
Specific tasks include:
- Design methods and tools for CSO capacity building;
- Prepare content and manuals for training community constituencies in Arabic and English;
- Plan and implement training, seminars and workshops for the partner CSOs, preferably in Arabic;
- Assessing organizational capacity needs of partner organizations and target groups;
- Increase ownership of partners and communities using conflict prevention, conflict transformation and community-based development approaches.
- Advanced university degree (Master's degree preferred) in social sciences, conflict transformation, peacebuilding, international development or other relevant fields;
- Proven professional experience in Organisational Development, community work, youth engagement, local governance, or civil society strengthening projects, preferred experiences in MENA area;
- Experience working with refugees and cooperating with Community Based Organisations, initiatives and NGOs in an intercultural context;
- High level of knowledge and training skills, facilitation, visualization and presentation;
- Proven intercultural skills in addition to experience working and communicating in a team with diverse backgrounds;
- Psycho-social capabilities and awareness working with traumatised participants; resilience and high frustration tolerance is needed;
- Fluent English (project language) spoken and written is expected, Arabic is expected as well to be able to conduct trainings and workshops;
- Sound IT skills (Office applications and presentation skills);
- Driving licence and experience;
- EU citizenship is required for this position.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of June 2021 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years with the option of extension).
Please apply online at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs (letter of motivation and CV), latest by 21st of March 2021.
An online selection process is planned to be scheduled for mid April 2021. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr Christian Gülisch at guelisch@forumZFD.de .
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de.This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!
Bitte lasst uns wissen, wenn ihr euch erfolgreich beworben habt UND hebt in eurer Bewerbung hervor, dass ihr die Ausschreibung im Spinnen-Netz entdeckt habt! Vor allem, wenn die Stelle als Netzwerkjob hervorgehoben oder mit Logo ausgezeichnet worden ist.
Angemeldete Mitglieder sehen hier weitere Informationen zu der angebotenen Stelle.
Bitte beantrage eine kostenfreie Schnuppermitgliedschaft, um alle Informationen zu erhalten.