Expert for Advocacy and Media for social change
Expert for Advocacy and Media for social change
We are looking for an Expert in Jerusalem, with extensive travel within the region and Europe, starting from October 2022.
Who we are
forumZFD supports people involved in violent conflicts on the path to peace and strives to help overcome war and violence. forumZFD is currently working with peace consultants in Germany as well as in eleven other countries in Europe, the Middle East and South East Asia. Its Academy for Conflict Transformation offers a learning space for professional, international peace work. Through dialogue events, educational work and campaigns, forumZFD actively advocates civil peace policy. forumZFD is recognized by the German federal government as a member of the Civil Peace Service (CPS) consortium. It finances its work through public and private grants, donations and membership fees.
forumZFD opened its first international office in East Jerusalem in 1999. Ever since, we work closely with diverse local partners, from Haifa to the South Hebron Hills, from Ramallah to Tel Aviv, from grassroots organizations and activists to women organizations and art collectives. What all our partners have in common is that they share a vision to overcome fragmentation and to promote inclusive narratives. Together we implement projects and activities in the fields of community organizing, media for social change and organizational development. Within this framework, it is our vision to strengthen civil society actors and to contribute to a critical mass that challenges fragmentation and promotes inclusive narratives.
Your tasks and responsibilities
As a social media expert your goal is to further develop media strategies within the forumZFD Israel/Palestine Program and support active actors in the region to overcome social fragmentation by strengthening their outreach activities.
As an advocacy specialist, you will use your expertise in journalism and networking to continue and enrich existing cooperation and develop new partnerships. Through the implementation of activities, you will spread awareness and knowledge about conflict transformation and non-violent action. Independently implementing workshops and trainings also belong to your area of responsibility.
Within the program team you will furthermore assume the role of the focal person for forumZFD’s external communication and the cooperation between the head office in Cologne and the Program in Jerusalem. In this role you will contribute in presenting forumZFD’s regional work to the public and develop strategic communication (content as well as advocacy campaigns) to target various key stakeholders in both Israel/Palestine and abroad.
- Advanced degree in Journalism, peacebuilding, management, international development, or other relevant fields;
- Min. 5 years of professional experience in journalism, PR or in a setting with significant social media responsibilities. Professional experience in a field with relevant overlaps to this position may be considered;
- Proven track record of developing and implementing communication strategies, including creating and producing communication materials;
- Experience in independent pro-active planning, and implementation of co-operation projects with activists, networks, movements and/or NGOs;
- Experience in creating (social) media content including videos and visuals and curating discussions on social media;
- Excellent understanding of different tools and social media platforms and how they can be positioned in different scenarios;
- Strong social competence, capacity for teamwork and ability to integrate quickly into daily project routine; strong ability to think strategically and conceptually;
- Strong experience in facilitating workshops, training and sharing skill building know-how;
- Good ability to work independently as well as in cooperation with team members;
- Physical and psychological stability and intercultural sensitivity to work and live in a complex society and challenging context;
- Fluent English and German language skills both spoken and written. Arabic and/or Hebrew is an asset;
- Driving license and experience;
- A good sense of humour.
We offer an attractive position with responsibilities for a minimum of two years in a growing organization. We also offer participation in qualification and professional development courses (among others, at forumZFD’s Academy for Conflict Transformation), a project-based preparation, regular coaching and, where appropriate, participation in a language course. As the position is based on the German Development Aid Workers Act (EhfG) it is remunerated according to the provisions of this law, including comprehensive social security benefits and financial reintegration assistance upon return. Working for forumZFD, you will be engaged within the innovative field of conflict transformation and peacebuilding through contributing your ideas and skills.
Start of assignment
Ideally, you are available to start working on 1st of October 2022 (preparation courses, followed by at least two to three years with the option of extension).
Please apply online at https://www.forumzfd.de/en/jobs, latest by 7th of August 2022.
An assessment center as part of the selection process is planned to be scheduled between 23rd – 26th of August 2022. In case of any questions, please feel free to contact Mr. Christian Gülisch at guelisch@forumZFD.de .
Please find further information about our organisation and our assignments online at www.forumZFD.de. This job advertisement as well as further employment postings can be viewed at www.forumZFD.de/jobs
We are looking forward to your application!
Bitte lasst uns wissen, wenn ihr euch erfolgreich beworben habt UND hebt in eurer Bewerbung hervor, dass ihr die Ausschreibung im Spinnen-Netz entdeckt habt! Vor allem, wenn die Stelle als Netzwerkjob hervorgehoben oder mit Logo ausgezeichnet worden ist.
Angemeldete Mitglieder sehen hier weitere Informationen zu der angebotenen Stelle.
Bitte beantrage eine kostenfreie Schnuppermitgliedschaft, um alle Informationen zu erhalten.