Programme Associate, UNDP (VASS)
UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
The Volunteer Advisory Services Section (VASS) contributes to position UNV as a Knowledge and Policy hub on volunteerism for the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), generating knowledge, consolidating evidence and developing policy to support Member States and the UN system efforts to integrate volunteerism as a cross-cutting means of implementation into the 2030 Agenda, in alignment with UNV 2022-2025 Strategic Framework.
Reporting to the Chief, Volunteer Advisory Services Section, the Policy Associate supports the coordination, development, implementation and follow up of VASS workplans and corporate reporting; monitors VASS documentation systems and provides administrative support aiming at timely and accurate delivery of the required outputs
Duties and Responsibilities
Support to the coordination, development, implementation and monitoring of VASS workplans and corporate reporting
- Support in the coordination and consolidation of inputs to develop the VASS annual workplan in line with corporate processes; facilitate the organization of meetings and internal consultations;
- Support the development of VASS procurement and human resource plans;
- Develop and monitor VASS budgets and expenditures; alert for corrective action as needed;
- Carry out project management operations in the corporate platform such as entering new grants, budget revisions, update project management module etc.;
- Review project reports and agreements;
- Provide support to audit processes as required;
- Support VASS inputs to corporate reporting through coordination and consolidation;
- Coordinate and support inputs into monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Coordinate VASS evaluations in line with the UNV corporate evaluation plans.
Support VASS information management processes and oversee VASS documentation systems
- Oversee the design and implementation and proper usage of VASS information and document management systems;
- Ensure the proper management, organization and archiving of electronic documents and communication;
- Draft monthly newsletters with VASS news for dissemination to internal and external audiences;
- Manage the VASS calendar ensuring it is up to date;
- Liaise with the External Relations and Communications Section to coordinate content for VASS webpages.
Support the development, research and production process for key section publications
- Support the development of concept notes, proposals and budgets for key publications including the State of the World´s Volunteerism Report (SWVR)
- Provide assistance in researching and fact checking for key UNV publications including the SWVR;
- Assist in the coordination and oversight of the production process for key publication, including the SWVR;
- Assist with support tasks and publications on the UNV Knowledge Portal.
Provide programme and administrative support to VASS
- Prepare presentations and supporting documents for team meetings including agendas, coordinating logistics, taking minutes and following up on action items;
- Prepare routine correspondence in accordance with standard internal procedures, and follow-up on delivery and response requirements;
- Assist in the timely submission and preparation of reports, mission travel plans, guidance notes, etc.;
- Perform Atlas role required for procurement functions, and assist in procurement processes, by preparing requisitions and checking their completeness and authorization/documentary support to ensure that specifications, budget provisions and all other requirements are in order;
- Assists in organizing mission schedules and processes travel arrangements, as per relevant procedures, including in Atlas.
Ability to make new and useful ideas work
Ability to persuade others to follow
Ability to improve performance and satisfaction
Ability to listen, adapt, persuade and transform
Ability to get things done while exercising good judgement
Knowledge of analytical tools, market research and methods for undertaking substantive research on various policy related issues
Ability to perform administrative and procedural activities to ensure that quality requirements and goals are fulfilled
Ability to plan, organize, and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
Ability to engage and foster strategic partnerships with other parties, inter-agency coordination and forge productive working relationships
Ability to manage day-to-day office activities (including but not limited to travel management, facilities and asset management, policy and procedures maintenance) to meet operational needs
Ability to capture, develop, share and effectively use information and knowledge
Required Skills And Experience
- Secondary education, preferably with certification in business administration or data management;
- University degree is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- 6 years of relevant work experience in the area of project management, or administration;
- Experience with UNDP project management, procurement and financial management processes is a distinct advantage.
- Fluency in English;
- Proficiency in another official UN language is an asset.
- Experience in the usage of computers, office software packages and web-based management systems.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted;
The successful candidate will hold a UNDP letter of appointment;
This post is for local recruitment only. It is open to citizens of the European Union (EU) member states or holders of residence and unlimited work permits in EU member states. All travel, interview and relocation costs, if any, incurred to take up an appointment at the duty station in Bonn are at the expense of the applicant.
Applicant Information About UNDP Rosters
UNDP/UNV reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP/UNV at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Bitte lasst uns wissen, wenn ihr euch erfolgreich beworben habt UND hebt in eurer Bewerbung hervor, dass ihr die Ausschreibung im Spinnen-Netz entdeckt habt! Vor allem, wenn die Stelle als Netzwerkjob hervorgehoben oder mit Logo ausgezeichnet worden ist.
Angemeldete Mitglieder sehen hier weitere Informationen zu der angebotenen Stelle.
Bitte beantrage eine kostenfreie Schnuppermitgliedschaft, um alle Informationen zu erhalten.