SLE TRAINING Conflict Management and Conflict Transformation
Conflict management and conflict transformation are core issues of development work. Development projects are not only affected by conflict, but also run the risk of aggravating existing conflicts in a particular region or even triggering new conflicts.
This training course gives a sound understanding of the phenomenon of conflict, which we will explore on the personal and interpersonal level, as well as on the level of large groups and societies.
Course Objectives: By the end of the course participants will be familiar with the principles of conflict management and conflict transformation. They will have substantially broadened their horizon on the issue of conflict and applied tools to understand its mechanisms and work with it in a non-violent way.
- Basic terms and concepts
- Methods of peace and conflict analysis
- Approaches to conflict transformation
- Facilitation and mediation processes and skills
- Analysis and Diagnostics of Conflict Dynamics
- The Basic Elements of Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Personal Conflict Management
- Actor Analysis and Mapping Techniques
- Strategic Planning of Peace-Building Activities
- Theory and Practice of Conflict Sensitivity
- Approaches on “Peace and Conflict Impact Assessment”
The course takes place at the Centre for Rural Development (SLE), Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin.
Our short intensive courses promote learning through experience: 'Learning by doing for impact' is the most important aspect of the SLE's training philosophy. Our participants come from all around the globe: They include staff from development agencies, national and international NGOs, public institutions, university students and researchers, as well as professionals from the private sector. These different cultural backgrounds and professions add to an intercultural and transdisciplinary exchange of experiences within an enabling learning environment.
While there is no application deadline, there is only a limited number of places available in each course and they fill up quickly. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Further information: https://www.sle-berlin.de/en/training